Friday, June 24, 2011

Abi's birthday gift


        Today my son Abi is turning 16. I decided to quill some things that he likes the most and give it to him as his birthday gift. Anyone who knows Abi will tell he can't do without books. He is a voracious reader and is so well informed.My first gift was a stack of books. Akhil came to my rescue and showed me a logo which had two  red socks and said that his anna(elder brother) will be delighted if I quilled the logo of Boston red sox.

       I always pride on knowing every thing about my kids and I was surprised that Abi should have a favourite baseball team and more so as baseball is not popular in India.

      Once I decided on the logo I decided to make fridge magnets and gift them to him. My husband wanted a card to write our wishes so I stuck them all on to the card without the magnets but gave the magnets to him, for him to use as he wishes. 
   
He  has always been crazy about cars since he was a little kid and can't wait to drive one.It has not been easy at all quilling for my kids ,they have seen me quill so much that nothing surprises them. And to quill for them without their seeing, I have found is impossible.





After i finished this card i realised that this card would be right for a six year old as well. I wonder if I will ever think  my kids grownup .And he was delighted with the logo:)

 I can't thank my fellow blogger's enough for their support , I don't think I would have learned so much if it were not for these talented people who share their work and tutorials . Blogging has helped me learn so many different techniques and styles which no one book can give.Thank you .


Thanks for stopping by , have a creative day.

30 comments:

Jovi said...

i love all that quilling... u just comepletely surprise me...

Angel said...

CARD IS VERY NICE .FANTASTIC GREAT WORK .GIVE MY WISHES TO ABI .

Katrin said...

Вау! Какая интересная работа получилась!

WhiteRacoon said...

Cool card! Masculine enough without flowers =)
Love the idea of crimpled strips for medallions. =)

lakhsmirani said...

no doubt its a valuable ,precious gift to abi from an artistic mom like you.my hearty b'day wishes to abidear.more than that i award you the best affectionate quillermom.well

Ujjwal said...

Love the quilling and how much thought you have put into that card!! I am sure your son will like it!

Happy Birthday to Abi!

painted princess collection said...

Hey suganthi that's a great card.I liked the books"logo, Over all the card looks very pretty.
Thankyou very much for the award

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Love the quilling dear... And happy birthday to Abi..

GreenEarth said...

First, convey my best wishes to Abhi for a Very Happy Birthday! I really like all the new techniques that you use. The crimped paper you have used at the back gives a very good effect and is an excellent idea for a fridge magnet!

Hussena said...

wow suganthi what a nice card to celebrate your son's birthday you have put so much thought and effort to think up these beautiful ideas ,i am sure your son will love it.please convey my birthday wishes to your son abi .:):)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Convey my wishes and prayers to Abi. your ice cream is the cutest one!!

Romina Nahata said...

the icecream & books tempt me & how !! happy birthday abi !!god bless...

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. The set of hobbies:-)

Helen said...

This is a one of a kind birthday card. The ice cream looks so delicious. I especially like the piece looks like the melting ice cream, so cute!

And congrats to all the awards you've received.

I absolutely agree about the blog land offered so many techniques and inspiration. That's the reason I don't buy craft books. So many things to learn here.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ann Martin said...

Happy Birthday to Abi! The personalized card is wonderful... made with much love, I'm sure.

Philippa said...

It's a beautiful card, and the perfect gift to cherish.

chillin with Quillin said...

IT's an Awsome card!!!!
Paula

Divya Deepak said...

So talented u are:)....loved it.....& congratulations on the award:-)

Baukje said...

So'Beautiful!
Groetjes Baukje

Shakti said...

ОЧЕНЬ ИНТЕРЕСНЫЕ ШТУЧКИ

kavitha said...

Happy birthday to abi!!
Thats a awesome gift:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Such detail too! :)
The ice cream looks the best! Maybe coz I'm a bit biased.....:)
Best wishes to your son!

Yasmin said...

Happy Birthday to Abi. And that is one lovely card you made for him. I'm sure he'll love it.

Lekha justin said...

Convey my loving wishes and blessings to Abhi....nd wht a lovely card u made for ur son Suganthi...!! The most sweet mom nd blessed son...love both of u....

Spardha said...

oh wow!.. happy bday to him!.. :)
awesome card dear quilling superstar! ;)

viji said...

VERY PRETTY DEAR.
I CAN SEE THE MOTHER'S AFFECTION IN THIS CREATION.
I CAN IMAGINE HOW ABI WAS EXCITED ON RECEIVING THE CARD.
REALLY VERY NICE.
CONVEY MY WISHES TO ABI.
Of course late wish because of my settling down things at Chennai.
Althe best dear. Keep doing.
viji

kiddo said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Abi!
The card is so lovely, with so many details and a lot of love! I like a lot how the books and socks turned out! And the icecream looks delicious!

Priya Sivaraj said...

thats awesome Suganthi!!! just loved the card and so would your Son!!!

Lekha justin said...

Thank u for this consideration suganthi...Im honoured wth ths award..

Waseem said...

How much thought you put into the card...I will use it when i needed.

Send gifts to pakistan