Friday, June 21, 2013

paper bead necklace



        I want to share my latest obsession which is  making paper beads. I have been fascinated about them for a long time, but only recently found time to experiment with them. The yellow colour beads are made from cutting an yellow colour handmade paper, I had used some gold acrylic paint on the paper some time ago to use as background for a project . I did not use it then, but cutting the paper up and rolling  into beads with the gold colour showing here and there gives such a rich look. The beads for the pendant are made from some dark maroon pattern paper the center is quilled and painted with the same gold colour. All the beads are cone shape made from long right angled triangle paper strips.I know I have to learn a lot and there is a lot of room for improvement . I love to cut and roll paper and I am planning to experiment with more shapes.

        Although I have not posted for a while I have been quilling a lot , I have been restocking my cards and earrings. I also took some time to open my online shop.

        Thanks for stopping by , Have a great day.

24 comments:

வை.கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன் said...

"paper bead necklace" is Excellent. Congrats. Thanks for sharing !

Shylaashree said...

beautiful and elegant. my best wishes to your online shop mam

Smita Satish said...

awesome

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Lovely...you are queen of Paper Craft!

Мария said...

Georgeous! Love how natural came out the color of the pendant - like this of the real shell.

Helen said...

I absolutely love the neutral color and your design is fabulous. I also wanted to try paper bead but crocheting took over everything. :)

kalanirmitee said...

Awesome!!

Unknown said...

This absolutely unique idea!

Http://athomecanbefun.blogspot.com

Hussena said...

Your paper bead necklace looks so beautiful Suganthi ..I love the vibrant colors and your flawless quilling :) ..And congrats on your new shop and best of luck with it !!

chillin with Quillin said...

really beautiful, love it!!1
you should show your other works on here to !!!!
Paula

Sathya said...

Such a beauty there...Wat 2 say dear...May all ur dreams cum true and may u reach greater heights...Heartiest wishes for ur new venture :)

Suman Pandit said...

Suganthi, this looks elegant and would go so well with ethnic wear....any woman would be proud to flaunt this gorgeous piece!!
http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Swetha Reddy said...

Very Pretty. Will go well with traditional wear.

SD pooja said...

Fabulous ! Loved the stunning pendant and the gold touch both of acrylic paint n your quilling !Congrats on your online shop and All the Best !

Radhika said...

its amazing ...suganthi seen ur online products earrings are fabulous ..thnx for sharing..my good wishes for ur online shop..

Angel said...

Lovely and pretty !!!that pendant looks awesome !!

Angel said...

Lovely and pretty !!!that pendant looks awesome !!

Kavitha Vadhri said...

very beautiful. you know i have been thinking of doing paper beads from long time and forgot about it. After i saw yours i wanted to try it, thanks for inspiring.

Anonymous said...

this necklace is the gretest one in the whole world!
very nice!
you're the one who inspired me
to quill in a neat way and quill it with details!thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

wrote the spelling of greatest wrong:p

Ann Martin said...

Very pretty! And best wishes with your new shop!

Theepz said...

Pretty one... A smaller version or half circled ones can be used for earrings too:)

painted princess collection said...

Hey congrats sug,for your new shop May you explore more new avenues in this field
anandhi

Christine said...

It looks totally amazing I thought they were real beads and the colors are simply perfectly matched. You got style lady!!
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.comCHris